Monday, June 7, 2010

CookOut No.1: The Chef's test

When: 8 May 2010
Where: Winstedt Road
Menu: Antipasto; Mushroom Risotto with salmon
Guests: Sancia, Marina and Shah
Alcohol: Prosecco (2), white wine (2), red wine (2), beer (5 cans)

Qualities of my dream man:
Can cook, play the drums and drive a stick.

Poika can cook (used to be a chef in the hottest Italian restaurant in Helsinki), play the drums in RockBand (good enough for me) and of course drive a stick!

So yes, I have met my MrDreamMan. Surely I have to make sure there's no bullshit here and put him to the test. That's why the cookout. So the first test was kept small, housemates only, just in case he's a complete flop and that will be a huge disappointment to my many critical and greedy friends.

Poika pretty much did everything. I was kind of pretending to work the whole time he was slaving away. After 2 hours of labouring in the extremely hot kitchen, we had the entire table filled with brilliant antipasto. I was gleaming cheek to cheek with extreme pride. "I think he's for real" I thought to myself.

The spread was pure orgasmic. Happy greedy friends (check), Happy Poika (check), Happy Tytto (check). It was overall a beautiful evening with awesome food, loads of booze, and loud happy drunk people.

No comments:

Post a Comment